Welcome to the Globe Bookgroup blog! Here, members of the group can post messages about past and present books, and catch up with other members. The Globe Bookgroup meets around every 4-5 weeks on a Thursday night in The Globe pub, Baker Street. We get very excited about choosing and voting for our books. We don't do organised discussions or heavy hardbacks.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My best book

Hello fellow Globe Bookgroup Bloggers (a bookgroup name to be proud of Ellie)

My favourite bookgroup book has been Frankie and Stankie because I loved the character of Dinah and felt I learnt something from the descriptions of life in South Africa during apartheid and Barbara Trapido blended these into the story pretty seamlessly.

My least favourite bookgroup book has been We Need to Talk About Kevin and it's best I don't get on to this as it makes me angry every time I think about it.

I have recently finished reading a book by a Canadian author, Miriam Toews, A Boy of Good Breeding, after previously reading A Complicated Kindness and she is now a new addition to my list of favourite authors.

Lorraine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home