Welcome to the Globe Bookgroup blog! Here, members of the group can post messages about past and present books, and catch up with other members. The Globe Bookgroup meets around every 4-5 weeks on a Thursday night in The Globe pub, Baker Street. We get very excited about choosing and voting for our books. We don't do organised discussions or heavy hardbacks.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Globe Bookgroup

Incidentally I got one of my novel names wrong in my last post - Elisabeth Noble wrote The Reading Group, not the Jane Austen one (who is American). (Not Jane Austen, the writer of the Jane Austen Book group or whatever it was called).

Just started Lighthousekeeping by Jeanette Winterson. I have loved many of her books in the past but more recently I've not really got into her novels (The Power book was a strange one). None of her novels are 'normal' and that is wonderful. But some are just a bit bizarre. My favourite Winterson novel is Written on the Body, which I first read when I was at university and it was one of those books you devour in one day, you simply can't do anything but read.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julian said...

I liked 'Oranges are Not the Only Fruit' very much. Havent cared for what I have seen since - mind you I ought to try more of them. I tried 'Art and Lies' and retired defeated. Perhaps she is returning to a more intelligible style

2:02 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home