Welcome to the Globe Bookgroup blog! Here, members of the group can post messages about past and present books, and catch up with other members. The Globe Bookgroup meets around every 4-5 weeks on a Thursday night in The Globe pub, Baker Street. We get very excited about choosing and voting for our books. We don't do organised discussions or heavy hardbacks.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

First Blog

I had to get Lorraine to help me get this far with this blog it feels a bit scarey! My apologies to you all I will not be able to make the meeting next Thursday :0( I hope the release of the new Kate Bush Album has provided Ellie with the lift she needed after Rumours of a Hurricane. I know what you mean Ellie I found it so grim at first but now I am at page 286 and quite addicted. I did not like Charlie at first but now I feel quite sorry for him.

Nicky

1 Comments:

Blogger Julian said...

Hi Nicky,

I got addicted to the book as well. Some of the group didnt seem to like it at all. I thought there was some fine writing it. I liked the closing lines. I am always amazed by how much loving care goes into wrting a book. The attention to detail is astonishing.

Julian

3:22 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home