Welcome to the Globe Bookgroup blog! Here, members of the group can post messages about past and present books, and catch up with other members. The Globe Bookgroup meets around every 4-5 weeks on a Thursday night in The Globe pub, Baker Street. We get very excited about choosing and voting for our books. We don't do organised discussions or heavy hardbacks.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Have finished the book

Hi everyone,

I finished the Tim Lott a few days ago. Its extremely well written and I have been informed by a friend that one of his others is well worth reading as well

Hope everybody is well. I've booked myself and partner Dave a ride on the London Eye in a few weeks. It is certainly very popular - we couldnt get on it last Saturday.

My email friend in Germany has got a job in a second hand bookshop and is working with alot of very interesting characters - it sounds really good fun though of course not very remunerative.

I have gone back to reading the Barrytown trilogy by Roddy Doyle. Its amusing and skilful. He has a fine ear for dialogue.

I went to an interesting movie at the London Film Festival. Made by a young Slovenian - and in English entitled Gravehopping. A humorous but also disturbing tale of a professional speechmaker at funerals.

All the best
Julian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home