Welcome to the Globe Bookgroup blog! Here, members of the group can post messages about past and present books, and catch up with other members. The Globe Bookgroup meets around every 4-5 weeks on a Thursday night in The Globe pub, Baker Street. We get very excited about choosing and voting for our books. We don't do organised discussions or heavy hardbacks.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

A big fat page-turner

I've recently started reading a 700 page novel called The Historian, by Eliabeth Kostova. It's a bit of a page-turner so the size isn't as intimidating as it first seems. It's about a 16 yr old girl who discovers her father has some secrets, and it's all linked to folklore about Dracula. It's quite creepy and mysterious and I'm really enjoying it. I might even re-read Bram Stoker's classic soon, it's been ages since I read it.

I'm also inspired to re-read The Secret History which I've read twice before and always enjoyed tremendously. So, I feel after Julian's comments about the book, I need to defend it!

I finished Independent Heart in about 3 days, and what a jolly fun read it was too. It felt like a guilty little pleasure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home